follow it's just me... on Pinterest.

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, December 4, 2011

We all have to eat.

In my last post I showed you our wood wall in the kitchen. 
We still LOVE it.  Did I mention how good it smells? {Maybe I am crazy???, but I like the smell of stain and poly}

Something I saved mentioning until this week is our 6' x 24" kitchen table my husband recently built.  In prep for the wood wall we removed our table and chairs.  It was so open with them gone.  I didn't want to put them back. 

Our dining room is where we eat the majority of our meals, but I like having a place in the kitchen for homework, a quick bowl of cereal, kid crafts, etc.

We decided to re-use our four chairs and build a more narrow table for the kitchen.  About $40 in materials, and husband's time equals a new table for our family.  At 6' long, only three chairs fit underneath.  The fourth, sits at the side, and frequently collects my purse.  We have four children, but they never all sit there at one time, anyway. 

I like having the kids in the kitchen doing homework while I make supper.  It gives meaning to the old saying "killing two birds with one stone".  Moms and dads need to be good at multi-tasking.

Here is our simple, eat-in kitchen before the new table and wood wall.   
 
After...
Everyday...
Design has to be functional and practical.  This works for us. 

I could show you several eat-in kitchens I adore, but truth is... most I cannot afford.  Here are a couple that caught my eye.
 
Pinterest
I like the softness that the pillows add.  This wouldn't work the best for my "crew" though.
Pinterest
Beautiful and Practical~ 

It's about time for me to start decorating for the Holidays, isn't it?  We have no snow.  It almost seems surreal.  Thank you for checking in with me today ~ Heather     

           

1 comment:

  1. I have shared your wall pictures with many. It isn't that easy coming up with barn wood is it? I may have to wait until spring/summer to try this project. Your ideas keep me motivated, and your personality too!

    ReplyDelete

I encourage any questions or comments to be left here. Comments, suggestions, and feedback are greatly appreciated, and so fun to get too! Thanks for taking the time.